Pranayama is the perfect control of the life-currents through control of breath and is the process by which we understand the secret of prana and manipulate it. Pranayama can be either fast or slow.
Slow Pranayama is relevant to the yogic breathing technique where awareness is on three levels of lung expansion. Slow pranayama techniques give many mental benefits which in turn leads to meditation state. This kind of pranayama improves internal awareness like Nadi sodhana pranayama, low pitch Bhramari, Chandra anuloma-viloma, Chandra bedha pranayama, sheetali and sheetkari pranayama.
Here the Parasympathetic nervous system activation through Acetylcholine helps for resting metabolism. Beyond this awareness, there are plenty of chances to initiate the serotonin and melatonin hormones. These are responsible for biorhythm or circadian rhythm or biologic clock or Sleep-wake patterns which enhances the immune power (Parasympathetic response). Hypothalamus allows water balance and vitalizes the bodily changes.
- Reduces insomnia
- Reduces a tension headache and mental stress
- Reduces thirsty and dehydration
- Reduces dryness of mouth and lips
- Reduces dryness of eyes and chance of Cataract.
- Reduces dryness of nostrils and epistaxis.
- Reduces dryness of skin like scaling and chances of psoriasis
- Reduces hair fall even in hyperthyroidism
- Improves the digestion process by salivary secretion
- Improves body awareness by the stimulation of cold receptors and peripheral nerves.
- Prevent chances of renal stones through anti-diuretic hormone
- Prevent gallstone formation in summer by the balanced production of bile.
Please follow and like us: