Back Pain the most common problem of modern day lifestyle. This is not only just pain but hitting the performance of the daily activities. It is significantly more common among adults of 35 and 55 years old. 65% to 75% person of this age are facing the back pain problem.
Yoga is a form of complementary, natural and alternative medicine that encompasses a variety of practices, including physical posture (Asana), breathing practices (Pranayama), and mindfulness practices (Meditation). Recent research says that yoga relieves back pain and reduce functional disability associated with back pain if given in a residential continuous program as treatment. Later, the maintenance program can be planned to do at home, work place, and even outings as part of the day. This is the lifestyle.
Here are the some yoga poses to treat the back pain without any drug:
- Cat-Cow Pose: This pose massages the spine. Moving the spine this way where it creates space in between each and every vertebra, which allows the regeneration of inter-vertebral disc and balances the work of lower back and core muscles.
- Spinal Twist: Spinal Twist pose stretches the spine, shoulders, and hips which improve the one side co-ordination of core the lower back and muscles.
- Downward Dog: This pose lengthens, decompresses and stretches out your spine by targeting the back extensors, which help you stand and lift objects. It also promotes better blood circulation. You should feel a relief of tension in this pose.
- Plow Pose: Full stretch of entire vertebral column towards the gravity is the comfortable and bearable change to the lumbar region. It obviously improves the ability to balance the muscle forces between all core muscles.
- Child’s Pose: the most easy and even sleeping pose which presses the vertebral column in a comfortable way is child pose. Here the person may also feel the traction between the vertebrae.
- Eagle Pose: This pose stretches the shoulder and upper back. It reduces the load on the lumbar region by spreading the force into the pelvic floor muscles.
- Bow Pose: Since it is a back bending, it can be the best counter action for all those muscles which worked from front of the lumbar region.
- Bridge Pose: if this is done in a relaxed and slow manner, it activates the deepest muscle of vertebral column and prevent the further disc prolapsed or sciatica problems.
- Camel Pose: one more counter pose for balancing the front muscles of abdominal and pelvic region is camel. This should be practiced under strict supervision else, it may aggravate the problem.
- Dolphin Pose: To reverse the weight, compression forces of lower back, Dolphin pose helps much.
All theses poses should be learned from an expert and continue with self assessment. Then the root cause of modern lifestyle can be directed in a way to prevent the recurrence.
Please follow and like us: