INTRODUCTION: Saint Marichya Pose (Spinal twist in the sitting). It is an endurance practice called Asana. Yoga texts like Yoga Mala by Pattabhi Joice also called as Ashtanga VinyasaYoga developed this pose for intense natural detoxification of the body, breath, mind and allows the natural tranquility. It was described in 4 variations to unfold the Mooladhara, Swadhishtana and Manipura chakras. These the initial energy centers to be activated for the effortless flow of “Kundalini Energy”. We will discuss the first variation that is termed as Maricyasana-A. Marichyasana for Stomach and Intestines.
1. Gaseous movements and indigestion are common problems happen with consumption of different varieties of foods.
2. Mrichyasana can actively allow the pressure changes by synchronizing the spinal bending and exhalation. This can strengthen the intestinal muscles and assist the peristalsis movement.
3. Villi of the small intestine can help the absorption of macronutrients like Sugars, Aminoacids, and Fatty acids into the blood. In Ayurveda, it is termed as Samana.
4. The absorption at large intestines like vitamins, minerals, and water are essential micronutrients to restore the water balance the resting metabolism.
5. Villi also help for the removal of wastes and toxins from the blood into the intestine. Ayurveda is the force called VYANA.
6. Hence the feeding and cleaning of the body are from the abdominal region called as “NavalCenter”.
7. Hence the regular practice of Marichyasana can prevent Diarrhea, Indigestion, Blotting and restores the digestive power.